The object of the Obesity Surgery Society of Australia & New Zealand OSSANZ shall be:
- to promote the advancement of knowledge, and maintain standards, in the clinical area of the diagnosis and the treatment of the disease of obesity, with particular emphasis on the use of surgical procedures;
- to promote and foster research in the basic and clinical sciences related to the disease of obesity and its treatment;
- to provide guidelines to relevant professional associations and colleges, as well as governments, on the training of clinicians and the practice of obesity surgery in Australasia;
- to facilitate contact between persons interested in this and allied fields; and
- to disseminate widely all information and new knowledge obtained.
- to form a closer association of the obesity surgeons of Australia & New Zealand for the advancement of the obesity surgery & management.
- it shall strive to maintain the character and standards of obesity surgery as outlined by The International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity.